Practitioner's may review the P3-VALUE webinars to better understand the structure and application of the P3-VALUE 2.0 Analytical Tool. The in-depth webinars are structured training modules that begin with a course outline and objectives, followed by detailed explanation with illustrative graphics and examples. Many of the webinars include either informal polling and/or challenge questions about topical issues. A few modules include a homework "assignment", which is reviewed in a successive webinar. Webinars may be accessed as a playable video, downloadable pdf or online text format.
P3-VALUE 2.0 addresses four types of evaluation:
- Risk assessment,which includes the process for identifying, defining, valuing, allocating, and responding to risks.
- Value for Money Analysis, which includes the process for developing the hypothetical life-cycle cost of delivering a project through the conventional public sector delivery model, estimating the cost to deliver it as a P3, and comparing the two.
- Benefit-Cost Analysis, which includes the process for estimating the net social benefits from accelerating project delivery as well as from any efficiencies due to P3 delivery, including non-financial benefits such as travel time, vehicle operating cost, accident cost and emissions reductions.
- Financial Viability Assessment, which includes the process for calculating the required public subsidies with alternative P3 financial structures.
P3-VALUE 2.0 webinars are scheduled as follows:
- Monday, 1/25/16, 2:00-3:30 ET, Session 1: Introduction to P3 Evaluation
- Monday, 2/8/16, 2:00-3:30 ET Session 2: P3 Value for Money Analysis
- Monday, 2/22/16, 2:00-3:30 ET Session 3: P3 Benefit-Cost Analysis
- Monday, 3/7/16, 2:00-3:30 ET Session 4: P3 Risk Assessment
- Monday, 3/21/16, 2:00-3:30 ET Session 5: P3 Financial Viability.
Past Webinar Materials