MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
Federal Highway Administration
Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation (SLSDC)
I. Purpose. This agreement covers the Departmental decision for the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) to support a separate unit to serve as the Executive Agent for DOT Automated Staffing using QuickHire®.
II. Authority. This agreement is entered into based on the authority of the Economy Act (31 U.S.C.1535).
III. Effective Date. This agreement is effective upon signature. Services to be provided in accordance with this Agreement are contingent upon the availability of Appropriations and/or Authorizing legislation and corresponding limitations in available authority.
IV. The Executive Agent will:
d. Provide draft vacancy announcements.
e. Issue vacancy announcements.
f. Receive applications.
g. Review candidates; verify qualifications determinations.
h. Issue and audit certificates.
i. Notify applicants at appropriate points update status available to applicants electronically.
j. Complete the documentation of staffing cases in the QuickHire system.
k. Generate reports as necessary.
l. Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) for the Department of Transportation (DOT).
m. Provide standard performance measures for the DOT related to the Federal staffing process.
n. Evaluate the effectiveness of the DOT Automated Staffing program.
V. The Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation will:
d. Provide classified position description, job analysis (staffing plan), and electronic recruitment sources.
e. Based on job analysis, identify and/or develop questions for individual vacancy announcements
f. Work with subject matter experts, supervisors and managers to assess certified candidates, approve announcements, and approve questions.
g. Interview candidates.
h. Conduct reference checks.
i. Make job offers.
j. Salary negotiations.
k. Hire candidates and perform entry on duty functions, ensuring all actions meet legal and procedural requirements.
l. Return certificate of eligibles in a timely manner, prior to selectee's entering on duty date, for selection auditing purposes.
VI. Reimbursement Performance and Accounting Agreements.
- CHARGES: Each participating Agency agrees to pay in advance to the Federal Highway Administration for the direct and indirect costs associated with establishing and maintaining the DOT Executive Agent for Automated Staffing. The total estimated costs for the Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation are identified in attachment 1. Allocation of funds may be made in full or through installments as funding is available.
- ACTUAL COSTS: The amounts set forth in the attachment may be adjusted to recover the Federal Highway Administration's actual cost. If during the course of this agreement actual costs are expected to exceed the estimate, the Federal Highway Administration will notify the each participating agency as soon as this is known, but not more frequently than quarterly. If actual costs are expected to be less than the estimate, funding overages will be returned to the participating agency prior to the end of the fiscal year.
- Each fiscal year a reimbursable agreement will be signed by an authorized representative of both Federal Highway Administration and the Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation to estimate all costs for Executive Agent services as set forth in this agreement.
- Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation, Office of Financial Management and Administration, 180 Andrews Street, PO Box 520 Massena, NY 13662
d. BILLING OFFICE WASHINGTON, DC. The Federal Highway Administration's, Office of Finance and Budget (HABF-10), Room 4301, 400 Seventh Street, SW., Washington, DC 20590 is the billing office and will render bills for costs incurred under this agreement.
VII. Modification. This agreement is subject to modification based upon general policies of the DOT and the availability of funds. Any change in the parties' obligations under this agreement will be formalized by an appropriate written amendment to this agreement which will specify the exact nature of the change and will be signed by each affected party.
VIII. Revocation. This agreement may be revoked by written notice at any time by any party. Effective date of the revocation will be by mutual agreement, but in no event will the effective date be any earlier than 60 days from the date of the written notice.
The parties hereto agree to the provisions of this agreement as indicated by the signature of their duly authorized representatives.
- FY 2005 Executive Agent Cost Basis.
|Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation||Federal Highway Administration|