Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Composite Materials for Bridges
2.5 Hour Full Presentation Outline
Word Version (20 kb)
- History on the development of FRP composites
- Bridge/Structural applications of FRP (from Europe, Japan and USA)
- Manufacturing processes
- Characteristics of FRP, advantages and disadvantages of its use
- Basics in FRP composites and materials
- Design considerations using FRP
- Design, construction and service issues on FRP
- Innovative Bridge Research and Construction Funding Program
The above sessions will provide a good background for structural engineers to get started learning about the FRP technology. The presentation could be modified for a 30-60 minutes length to cover a little of all of the above topics for the general and management audience.
If you would like to schedule a presentation, please contact Benjamin Tang, HIBT-10 (email@example.com) or call (202)366-4592.