FHWA LRFR Implementation Webinar Series
Topic No. 15: Bridge Load Rating for Overweight Load Permitting - State's Practice (2) Web Conference Seminar
March 25, 2015
FHWA LRFR Implementation Working Group and Office of Bridge Technology
You are cordially invited to this load rating webinar. Please share the information with your State's and local partners.
Section 650.313 of the National Bridge Inspection Standards stipulates each bridge is to be load rated in accordance with the AASHTO Manual for Bridge Evaluation (MBE). In accordance with the FHWA's policies, new bridges and totally replaced bridges engineered after October 1, 2010 should be load rated with the Load and Resistance Factor Rating(LRFR) method. To further support State's efforts in meeting the NBIS's requirements in load rating and FHWA's initiative of implementing the LRFR method, a series of webinars have been planned to provide continued awareness for local, regional, and State transportation agencies. These webinars will be hosted online and offered at no cost via the FHWA webinar training platform.
Who Should Attend
The target audiences for this Webinar Series are bridge and structure staff from local, regional, and State transportation agencies, FHWA Division Bridge Engineers and private consultants who want to acquire the fundamentals to rate highway bridges. Participants will be able to download the presentations at the webinars. Each webinar will focus on a specific topic that has been identified as most needed.
March 25, 2015 1:00 PM TO 3:00 PM EASTERN TIME
This webinar is the fifteenth in this Webinar Series and will focus on State's bridge load rating practices for overweight load permitting. Its objective is to provide the audiences with the information about state of practice, lessons learned and resources available. This webinar will highlight the bridge load rating and overweight load permitting program of Wisconsin DOT and Virginia DOT and include two presentations:
- Tom Saad (FHWA): Welcome/Moderator
- Kelly Young, Alex Pence, and Josh Dietsche (WisDOT): Wisconsin's Bridge Rating and Overweight Permit Processes and Practices
- Jonathan Mallard (VDOT): Bridge Load Rating and Permitting â€“ VDOT's Practice
- Questions and Answers
Click on the registration link above to register for the webinar. You can also copy the link to your browser to access the registration page. Participants will receive further instruction via e-mail upon enrollment. If you have any questions, please contact Lubin Gao, Ph.D., P.E. at (202) 366-4604 or Lubin.Gao@dot.gov.
To request access to the recordings of previous webinars, please contact Lubin Gao at Lubin.Gao@dot.gov. You can also find thelinks to the recordings on FHWA's Bridge website: http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/bridge/loadrating/. We use various sources of contacts to distribute this announcement. We apologize if you have received multiple copies.
Registration is required. You can register for an account at https://connectdot.connectsolutions.com/lrfrreg/event/registration.html.
- Webinar No. 1: Implementation of the Load and Resistance Factor Rating Method (10/05/2011)
- Webinar No. 2: LRFD/LRFR Design and Load Rating of Culverts (11/17/2011)
- Webinar No. 3: LRFR Load Rating of Segmental Concrete Bridges (01/19/2012)
- Webinar No. 4: State-Specific LRFR Load Rating Guidelines (04/19/2012)
- Webinar No. 5: Application of Load Testing in Bridge Load Rating (1) (09/20/2012)
- Webinar No. 6: Application of Load Testing in Bridge Load Rating (2) (12/06/2012)
- Webinar No. 7: Application of Computer Software in Bridge Load Rating (1) (02/28/2013)
- Webinar No. 8: Application of Computer Software in Bridge Load Rating (2) (04/25/2013)
- Webinar No. 9: Load Rating of Steel Truss Bridges (1) (09/12/2013)
- Webinar No. 10: Load Rating of Steel Truss Bridges (2) (12/17/2013)
- Webinar No. 11: Load Rating and Posting for Specialized Hauling Vehicles (03/12/2014)
- Webinar No. 12: A Comparison of AASHTO Bridge Load Rating Methods (05/29/2014)
- Webinar No. 13: Bridge Load Rating for Overweight Load Permitting (10/20/2014)
- Webinar No. 14: Recorded Bridge Load Rating for Overweight Load Permitting - State-s Practice (1) (12/18/2014)