Prefabricated Bridge Elements and Systems
What is PBES?
PBES are structural components of a bridge that are built offsite, or near-site of a bridge and include features that reduce the onsite construction time and the mobility impact time that occurs when building new bridges or rehabilitating or replacing existing bridges relative to conventional construction methods.
How Does It Work?
How Does PBES Impact ABC?
|Use of PBES is one strategy that can meet the objectives to Accelerate Bridge Construction while providing additional benefits beyond those with only reducing on-site construction time:
- Connection Details for PBES
- Framework for Decision-Making
- Manual on Use of Self-Propelled Modular Transporters to Remove and Replace Bridges
- Prefabricated Bridge Elements and Systems Cost Study: Accelerated Bridge Construction Success Stories
- Prefabricated Bridge Elements and Systems in Japan and Europe
- Bridge Deck Replacement Project Using Self-Propelled Modular Transporters (SPMTs)
- 2006 Concrete Bridge Conference Workshop Rapid Bridge Construction: How to Get There
- MnDOT/FHWA Precast Slab System Workshop Summary Report
- PBES Research
- Prefabricated Bridges 2004: Good Business, Best Practice
- Prefabricated Bridges Brochure: "Get in, get out, stay out."
- Fact Sheet: Priority, Market-Ready Technologies and Innovations