U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Manual on Use of Self-Propelled Modular Transporters to Remove and Replace Bridges
Appendix M Example Plan Sheets for Traffic Control Plans
FDOT Graves Avenue/I-4 Project
Traffic Control General Notes
- The Contractor shall not work over an open traffic lane while placing or removing bridge spans, beams, deck forms, or overhead sign structures. The Contractor shall also not pour decks over an open traffic lane.
- The Contractor shall maintain the same number of lanes that exists prior to beginning construction. The only exceptions are as shown or noted on the plan sheets.
- Temporary travel lanes shall be no less than 12 feet (3.6 meters) wide except as noted.
- Peak hours have been established as shown below. The Contractor shall submit requests for lane closures two weeks in advance. The following lane closure restrictions are:
- Insert Roadway Name: No lane closures will be allowed between the hours of 6:00 A.M. and 9:00 P.M.
- Insert Roadway Name: No lane closures will be allowed between the hours of 5:00 A.M. and 9:00 P.M.
- Rolling Roadblocks: Rolling roadblocks will be allowed only during the approved lane closure hours.
- Detours and Roadway Closures: Detours and Roadway Closures shall only be used between the hours of 12:00 A.M. and 4:00 A.M. Detours and Roadway Closures shall only be allowed for beam setting (or SPMT Span Moves), unless otherwise noted in the contract documents.
- Detours, Lane Closures, and Roadway Closures: Listed below are dates when detours, lane closures, and roadway closures are not allowed.
- List Holidays and/or Special Events.
- The Contractor shall provide a two-week advance notification to all of the following agencies prior to implementing a detour of traffic:
- City and county law enforcement agencies
- Local fire department
- Public transportation agencies
- Local school officials
- Owner public information office