Driving the Byway
Loop 1 (South Loop)
- Starting at the south end of the byway at the intersection of CSAH 11 and Highway 371, travel east on CSAH 11 for 10.7 miles to CSAH 3.
- Turn north on CSAH 3 for 4 miles where it turns into CSAH 66 at Crosslake.
- Continue north for 3 miles to CSAH 16 intersection and turn west onto 16.
- Follow CSAH 16 for 12.7 miles back to Highway 371.
- (South on 371 for 2.2 miles returns travelers to the starting point at 11/371 intersection).
- Travel 2.2 miles north on 371 to the next byway loop at the intersection with CSAH 15.
- Highway 371 is not part of the officially designated byway route.
- The route is gapped wherever it joins Highway 371.
Loop 2 (North Loop)
- Turn northeast onto CSAH 15, traveling 7.1 miles to CSAH 1.
- At CSAH 1, turn east for 8.1 miles to CSAH 66, then south for 3.1 miles on 66 and west 12.7 miles on CSAH 16.
- (Because CSAH 16 is part of the South and North Loops it is referred to as the Spine of the byway.)
- At the intersection of 16 and 371, turn north on 371 and travel 7.4 miles into Pine River.
- Highway 371 is not part of the officially designated route.
Loop 3 (Extension Loop)
- At the stoplight in Pine River turn right and follow Barclay Ave through town, across the bridge and then sharply to the right.
- Follow CSAH 1 for 14.1 miles until it intersects with CSAH 66.
- Take 66 south to the intersection of 16 and 66.
- Go west on 16 for 12.7 miles to return to Highway 371. (This loop can be made into a short version by following CSAH 1 for 6 miles, then turning west onto CSAH 15 for 7.1 miles to the intersection with 371.)
- From the 15/371 intersection it's 6 miles north on 371 to return to Pine River.