Driving the Byway
It is suggested that you enter the Amish Country Byway along the same corridor as the first Amish settlers did in 1808.
- Coming from Interstate 77, the Dover exit, travel west along SR 39 where the Byway begins just past Sugarcreek/Shanesville.
- Continue along 39 West, 21 miles through Berlin, and Millersburg to the intersection of SR 60 South, just past West Holmes High School on the north side of SR 39.
- Turn south for 7 miles through the Village of Killbuck to US 62.
- Turn left onto US 62 to Millersburg and Berlin headed east.
- In Berlin continue east on US 62 approximately 7 miles to the junction of SR 515.
- Turn south onto SR 515, a 5 mile drive to the Village of Walnut Creek.
- The culmination of your double loop experience brings you to the junction of the territory's original buffalo path, then Indian trail, turned white-man's public road, back onto State Route 39.