Driving the Byway
- Starting in Estacada, drive southeast on SR 224, where the road passes through the Mt. Hood National Forest.
- Just past Ripplebrook, the road turns into FR 46.
- Continue southeast on FR 46, passing through the towns of Breitenbush and Detroit.
- In Detroit, take a left onto SR 22 and continue south, passing through Marion Forks.
- Continuing south, the road turns into SR 126. Turn west and then south again through the Willamette National Forest, where road turns into FR 19.
- Drive west and then south on FR 19, moving through Westfir.
- The byway ends in the town of Oakridge, OR.