Driving the Byway
From Palm Bay, at the Ais Lookout Point:
- Continue south on US-1 to Sebastian.
- Turn east on the Wabasso Causeway to State Route A1A.
- Continue north on A1A, where you will approach the Sebastian Inlet State Recreational Area.
- Continuing north on A1A to Cape Canaveral; take the Bennett Causeway (State Route 528) west.
- By veering north on State Route 3, you will enter the Kennedy Space Center.
- Turn west on State Route 405, where you will approach the Kennedy Space Center Visitor's Complex.
- From the Kennedy Space Center Visitor's Complex, you can continue on State Route 405 to US Highway 1.
- Enter Highway 1 and venture north to Kennedy Point Park, with views of the Vehicle Assembly Building.
- From Highway 1, you can take the Max Brewer Causeway (State Routes 402/406) to the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge and Canaveral National Seashore. You can then retrace your route to Titusville and continue south to Cocoa.
- Follow US Highway 1 south through Melbourne to Palm Bay.