Driving the Byway
- Begin your drive of Utah's Patchwork Parkway (SR 143) at Interstate 15 Exit 75 in Parowan. Proceed east.
- After leaving Parowan, the route enters Parowan Canyon and climbs 4,400 feet in less than 10 miles.
- Continue on SR 143 past Brian Head, Utah’s highest elevation community and southernmost ski resort, located at the top of the canyon.
- Enter Cedar Breaks National Monument.
- Follow SR-143 eastward across 12 miles of high alpine meadows known as “Little Ireland.”
- Continue past Panguitch Lake.
- Descend 18 miles through South Canyon in the Dixie National Forest.
- The byway ends in Panguitch City at the junction with US 89.