Driving the Byway
From Selma to Montgomery (All-American Designation)
- Start in the city of Selma, AL at the junction of Jeff Davis Ave. and Martin Luther King St. GPS point (32.414868,-87.017804)
- Drive southeast on Martin Luther King St. to Alabama Ave.
- Drive southwest on Alabama Ave. to US Hwy. 80/Broad St.
- Cross Edmund Pettus Bridge at Broad St. and Water Avenue.
- Drive southeast on US Hwy. 80/Broad St. through Selmont, Benton, Lowndesboro, and Mt. Sinai to US Hwy 31/AL-42 north of Hope Hull, AL.
- Turn north on US Hwy 31/AL-42 toward Montgomery.
- Continue on US Hwy 31/AL-42 which changes to Mobile Hwy.
- Drive northeast on Mobile Hwy. to W. Fairview Ave.
- Drive east on W. Fairview Ave. to Oak St.
- Drive north on Oak St. to W. Jeff Davis Ave.
- Drive east on W. Jeff Davis Ave. to S. Holt St.
- Drive north on S. Holt St. to Day St.
- Drive east on Day St. to Mobile St.
- Drive northeast on Mobile St. to Goldthwaite St.
- Drive north on Goldthwaite St. to Montgomery St.
- Drive northeast on Montgomery St. to Court Square/S. Court St. Drive southwest on Court Square/S. Court St. to Dexter Ave.
- Drive east on Dexter Ave. to Alabama State Capitol. GPS Point (32.377698,-86.301272)
From Montgomery to Selma
- Begin at the State Capitol Building at the corner of Washington Avenue and McDonough Street in Montgomery.
- Bear left on Court Street.
- Turn right to take the ramp onto I-85 South.
- Take the MOBILE Left exit onto I-65 South.
- Take Exit 167/Selma onto US-80 West.
- Continue on US Highway 80 East.
- Continue on Broad Street(AL-22) to arrive in Selma.