Driving the Byway
Los Alamos to La Cueva
- Start in Los Alamos and go west on NM-4 to La Cueva.
- Here the byway branches, going north and south.
La Cueva to Cuba
- Take NM-126 west out of La Cueva until the pavement ends.
- If weather permits, the road is open and your vehicle can manage it, you can continue on NM-126 through the Santa Fe National Forest about 10 miles until the pavement resumes.
- Continue on NM-126 to Cuba.
La Cueva to Cuba via San Ysidro, NM
- Take NM-4 south from La Cueva to San Ysidro.
- Take US-550 west and then north along the Rio Puerco to Cuba.