Driving the Byway
- Begin in Ruidoso and follow NM-48 to Hwy 70.
- Take Hwy 70 northeast to Hwy 380.
- Travel on Hwy 380 northwest to junction with NM-220.
- At the junction, take a small detour south through Fort Stanton and end up at the junction with NM-48.
- Return to junction of Hwy 380 and NM-220.
- Continue on Hwy 380 northwest to Capitan.
- At the junction of Hwy 380 and NM-48, take a left onto NM-48 and continue south through Angus.
- Continue on NM-48 south until you reach Ruidoso, the end of the byway loop.