Driving the Byway
The Gold Belt Tour Scenic Byway connects six of Colorado's major historic towns using four stunning roads.
Phantom Canyon Section:
- The first section of the byway starts in Florence, CO, at the junction of CO 67 and West Main Street.
- From here, head north on CO 67 and continue as it changes to Phantom Canyon Rd.
- At the junction of CO 67 and 4th St. head south on CO 67 to W. Victor Ave., then head west on CO 67 into Cripple Creek.
- In Cripple Creek, head west on E. Carr Ave. and continue as the road becomes Teller County Rd.
- Follow this into Florissant.
Shelf Road Section:
- At the junction of CO 67 and Main Street in Florence, drive west on Main Street to Ash St. in Brookside.
- In Brookside, drive north on Ash St. as it changes to S. Reynolds Ave., then to Fremont Dr.
- After the road becomes Fremont Dr, drive west to Field Ave.
- Drive north on Field Ave. to Red Canyon Rd. and continue north as the road becomes Shelf Rd.
- Continue again as the road changes to Xenia St. and continue to CO 67 south of Cripple Creek.
High Park Section:
- Start at the junction of Cedar Ave. and Ash St. in Brookside.
- Drive west on Cedar Ave. to Chestnut St. and head north.
- Once you reach Elm Ave., drive west to 9th St. then drive north to Royal Gorge Blvd.
- Drive southeast on Royal Gorge Blvd to CO 9.
- At CO 9, drive north to High Park Rd.
- Continue north on High Park Rd. to County Road 11.
- Drive north on County Rd. 11 to County Rd. 1 where the byway ends.