Driving the Byway
- Start at the border of Oregon and California in New Pine Creek, OR.
- Drive north on US 395 through Lakeview to Valley Falls.
- From Valley Falls, take SR 31 and head northwest through Paisley, Summer Lake, and Silver Lake.
- At the intersection of SR 31 and Co Rd 5-10, turn right to take a short loop to Fort Rock State Park. Turn left on Cabin Lake Road and then left again on Co Rd 5-11A to access the entrance of Fort Rock State Park. Continue on Co Rd 5-11A and then turn left at the end of the road. When you get to Co Rd 5-10, turn right and go back to SR 31.
- Continue driving northwest on SR 31 to La Pine, OR where the byway ends.