Driving the Byway
- Take SC-28 north from the South Carolina/Georgia border, where the byway begins.
- Continue on SC 28 for 33 miles through Clarks Hill, Modoc, Parksville, Plum Branch, and McCormick.
- At McCormick, take SC-81 and continue for 42 miles to SC-412/Rainey Road in Starr.
- Drive west to SC-187 and travel north for 10 miles until you reach SC-24.
- Take SC-24 west/northwest for 20 miles as you pass through Townville and Tokeena.
- The byway ends in Oakway at the intersection of SC-24 and the Cherokee Foothills Scenic Byway (SC-11).