Driving the Byway
The entire Parkway is a two-lane, undivided linear drive between Nashville, TN, on the north and Natchez, MS, on the south. On its way, the Parkway crosses the northwest corner of Alabama.
- Start in Pasquo, Tennessee just south of Nashville at the parkway's junction with Tennessee Route 100. From there, the Trace travels south to the Alabama state line.
- Start southwest of Cypress Inn, TN, at the state line of Tennessee and Alabama on the Natchez Trace Parkway.
- Drive southwest, remaining on the Parkway the entire time, to the state line of Alabama and Mississippi.
- Start at the Mississippi-Alabama border near Tishomingo State Park.
- Travel southeast through Tupelo, past the Chicksaw Agency, and briefly through Tombigbee National Forest.
- The Parkway will pass through several more towns on the way south, such as Mantee, Mathiston and French Camp.
- Continue through Kosclusko.
- The Parkway continues southeast to Jackson, passing by the Ross Barnett Reservoir to the east and the junctions of MS-43 and US 51 to the west.
- Once past Jackson the Parkway resumes in Clinton.
- At Clinton, take the Parkway southwest, passing through Port Gibson and Lorman until you reach Natchez where the byway ends.