Accelerated Construction Technology Transfer Toolkit
How do I get started?
The following information should be included when preparing your workshop proposal:
- Name of the host State DOT.
- State contact (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address).
- FHWA Division contact (name, telephone number, e-mail address).
- Proposed project description including location, existing facility characteristics including traffic volumes and accident history, and planned improvement activities.
- Project scheduling activities, including contract time, expected completion date, and funding availability.
- Sensitive or controversial project issues.
- ACTT workshop proposed dates (in order of preference).
- Primary reason for accelerating project construction.
For an efficient workshop preparation process and to ensure a successful workshop, please consider and address the following questions/comments as you prepare your workshop proposal.
Selecting the Corridor
- Is the corridor (project) a candidate for major construction/reconstruction and/or rehabilitation within the next 4 to 6 years?
- Describe the urgent need to accelerate construction. Consider both the DOT and customer perspective.
- What's the status of the environmental process?
- Are the project limits or boundaries still fluid?
- Is there general openness to innovation and a willingness to consider and apply new concepts?