Construction Program Guide
Source Documentation and Determination of Pay Quantities
The FHWA's policy for source documentation and determination of pay quantities requires contracting agencies to have procedures which will provide adequate assurance that the quantities of completed work are determined accurately and on a uniform basis throughout a state.
- 23 USC 315 Rules, regulations, and recommendations (2012) provides very broad authority for the Secretary of Transportation to prescribe regulations to carry out the Federal-aid highway program. However, there are no specific statutes dealing with source documentation.
- 2 CFR 200 Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (01/01/2014) Sections 200.302 Financial management and 200.333 Retention requirements for records.
- 23 CFR 635.123 Determination and documentation of pay quantities (04/01/2013)
- Electronic Security Issues -- Kansas Department of Transportation's (KDOT) Construction Management System (CMS) (07/07/1993)
- Computerization of Construction Records (09/21/1989)
- FHWA Construction Inspection Course (under development)
- Alternative Weighing Programs (03/11/1986)