STA Quality Improvement Council - Quality Assurance Review Planning Worksheet
- What is the work process to be reviewed?
Preconstruction process scheduling from preconstruction to Advertisement
- Has this process been selected for review because of an identified quality concern, or because this process was due for review, or both?
Due for review.
- If there is a quality concern, what is it?
Planning, coordination and communication of the key scheduling factors.
- Who are the users of the output of this process?
Specialty Managers, RTDs, HQ Managers, Project Managers
- Who is the person accountable for the process and who has the authority and expertise to develop and implement changes to this process?
The process is not well defined and no process owner is clearly responsible for the process.
- Please respond to one of the two following options:
OPTION A- This review will look at the entire work process from beginning to end.
We will look at the entire process.
What is the beginning and ending of the process?
Beginning: Identification of the start of preconstruction .
End: Actual project advertisement .
Note: May need to be using some kind of project pool dollars to facilitate project reconnaissance .
OPTION B- This review will look at key elements of the process and not the entire process.
What are the beginning and ending steps for each of the key elements to be reviewed?
- Where is the process documented?
Resident Engineer roles and responsibilities document.
- Are there other documents that contain standards, guidelines and/or quality expectations for this process and its output?
Scoping procedural directive?
Who is the lead reviewer for this QAR?
Who are the other members of the review team? (If any)
- What is the schedule for this QAR?
Team assembled: January 26, 2001
Reviews conducted: March 1 - March 30, 2001
Report completed: April 15, 2001
- Who will attend these activities, besides the review team?
REs or PM, Specialties
- What will be the distribution of the QAR report?
Clients, QIC, Team
- Key review objectives:
- How are ad dates being set?
- When are ad dates being set?
- Do we have a clear process and process standard?
- How are specialty functions coordinated within the schedule development?
- How are specialty milestones set?