Process Review Work Plan
Word Version (32 kb) | PDF Version (25 kb)
The Federal-aid Policy Guide (FAPG) 23 CFR 635A contains Federal Highway Administration regulations and policy on contract procedures for Federal-aid projects. This section of the FAPG also requires reviews of various aspects of contract administration on a four year cycle. For Fiscal Year 1996, the bidding process was selected as the subject in this cycle.
- SCOPE OF REVIEW
This review will encompass the procedures to advertise for bids, issue addenda, open bids, tabulate bids, and award contracts. Both exempt and non-exempt National Highway System projects will be included in the review sample. The review will focus on compliance with FAPG 23 CFR 635A, sections 112, 113 and 114.
Most Federal-aid projects are administered by... ; the primary exception being the... County Toll Road Authority. The review team will examine project records contained in the... Divisions and will attend a bid opening in... A similar review will be conducted at the County Toll Road Authority Office in...
- REVIEW OBJECTIVES
This review has the following objectives:
- To determine if the... and County Toll Road Authority processes comply with the FAPG.
- To determine if modifications are needed of if enhancements are appropriate.
- REVIEW TEAM
Construction and Maintenance Division:
- ESTIMATED RESOURCES
- FHWA Division Staff Time - 4 person weeks
- FHWA Division Per Diem Costs - $400
- Preliminary Planning Phase- The following will be accomplished during this phase:
- Develop the scope, objectives and review responsibilities.
- Select a review team to represent both FHWA and...
- Develop guidelines for the review, including number of projects to sample.
- Preliminary Analysis Phase- Existing directives and policies will be gathered and reviewed to determine compliance with the FAPG.
- Data Collection Phase- This phase will include examining project records at... Headquarters and County Toll Road Authority to evaluate the level of implementation of the directives.
- Data Analysis Phase- The data obtained from the previous phases will be analyzed. Compliance with the FAPG will be evaluated and recommendations for process improvements will be prepared, if appropriate.
- Report Preparation Phase- A draft report will be prepared to document the review and recommendations which resulted from the review. The draft report will be circulated for comments from all involved. A final report will be prepared from the draft and submitted comments.
- TIME LINE
- Preliminary Analysis complete: March 8,1996
- Field work complete: April 15, 1996
- Draft report complete: May 31,1996
- Final report complete: June 28, 1996
|Phase||Jan. 199||Feb. 1996||Mar. 1996||Apr. 1996||May 1996||June 1996|
|1. Preliminary Planning||XXX||X|| || || || |
|2. Preliminary Analysis|| ||XXX||X|| || || |
|3. Data Collection|| || ||XXX||XX|| || |
|4. Data Analysis|| || || ||XX||XX|| |
|5. Report Preparation|| || || || ||XXXX||XXXX|