STA Quality Improvement Council - Quality Assurance Review Planning Worksheet
- What is the work process to be reviewed?
The acquisition, processing and reporting of traffic volume data.
- Has this process been selected for review because of an identified quality concern, or because this process was due for review, or both?
Due for review.
- If there is a quality concern, what is it?
Lack of reporting.
- Who are the users of the output of this process?
FHWA, STA planners, Region materials engineers and roadway designers, long range transportation planners.
Who is the person accountable for the process and who has the authority and expertise to develop and implement changes to this process?
- Please respond to one of the two following options: Option B was selected.
OPTION A- This review will look at the entire work process from beginning to end.
What is the beginning and ending of the process?
OPTION B- This review will look at key elements of the process and not the entire process.
What are the beginning and ending steps for each of the key elements to be reviewed?
- Acquisition - Beginning and End: Data transfer from recorder to STA network.
- Processing - Beginning: Data verifications and formatting on STA desktop PC. End: Data loaded on STA database.
- Reporting - Beginning: Database query. End: Report delivered.
- Where is the process documented?
- Partial work unit guidelines in the Traffic Analysis Unit.
- Partial software vendor guidelines in the Traffic Analysis Unit.
- Not documented.
- Are there other documents that contain standards, guidelines and/or quality expectations for this process and its output?
TEA 21 legislation, CFR, Vendor software, Traffic Monitoring Guide (FHWA)
Who is the lead reviewer for this QAR?
Who are the other members of the review team? (If any)
- What is the schedule for this QAR?
Team assembled: Jan. 5, 2001
Reviews conducted: Jan. 15, 2001
Report completed: March 1, 2001
- Who will be involved in these activities, besides the review team?
Region Traffic Engineers, RPEMs, Region Materials Engineers
- What will be the distribution of the QAR report?
QIC and those involved in the review.