State Highway Transportation Department
Pre-stressed Concrete Bridge Members Inspector's Checklist
Word Version (20 kb) | PDF Version (42 kb)
- Perform visual inspection of entire unit for cracking. Cracking other than minor hairline cracks within 6 inches on unit ends should be cause for concern.
- Check for spalls and impact damage upon arrival of beams at site.
- Assure proper support during field handling and placement.
- When plant inspection reports are received, compare identification marks and casting dates on the unit with the plant inspection reports.
- Check pre-stressed concrete unit for plant inspector's stamp
- Obtain inspection reports and certification (all components used in the pre-stressed concrete unit must be tested and/or certified. These data will be assembled by the Plant Inspector and forwarded to the Project Manager)
- Assure that bearing devices are properly positioned
- Check safety aspects, erection plan, lifting procedures, etc.
- Obtain profile of units
- Check camber and unit
- Assure that lift holes and Contractor's forming holes in exterior units are filled with non-shrink grout after deck forms are removed
- Document field inspection results in daily diary