STA Quality Improvement Council - Quality Assurance Review Planning Worksheet
Permitting and Routing of Oversize Overweight Loads
- What is the work process to be reviewed?
- Has this process been selected for review because of an identified quality concern, or because this process was due for review, or both?
Due for review.
- If there is a quality concern, what is it?
- Who are the users of the output of this process?
Staff Bridge, Truckers, Trucker's customers, Maintenance, General Public.
Who is the person accountable for the process and who has the authority and expertise to develop and implement changes to this process?
- Please respond to one of the two following options:
OPTION A - This review will look at the entire work process from beginning to end.
What is the beginning and ending of the process?
Beginning: Application submitted to Transport Permits Unit.
End: Decision made on the application.
OPTION B - This review will look at key elements of the process and not the entire process.
What are the beginning and ending steps for each of the key elements to be reviewed?
- Where is the process documented?
- Are there other documents that contain standards, guidelines and/or quality expectations for this process and its output?
Who is the lead reviewer for this QAR?
Who are the other members of the review team? (If any)
- What is the schedule for this QAR?
Team assembled: August 30, 2000
Reviews conducted: September 15, 2000 - November 1, 2000
Report completed: March 1, 2001
Who will attend these activities, besides the review team?
- What will be the distribution of the QAR report?
Oversize/Overweight Vehicles: QAR of Permitting and Routing of Superloads
Quality Assurance Review Questions
- Are the steps and activities of the process documented? In a manual? In a flowchart? Is the documentation current?
- Does everyone responsible for conducting the process have the documentation of the process?
- What type of training does someone receive if they are going to conduct the process? How many of the people that conduct the process have received this training?
- What type of equipment does someone use to conduct the process? Do the people that conduct the process have adequate equipment?
- What is working well with the process?
- What is not working well with the process?
- Who are the customers of the process? How is the process measured to ensure that the customer is receiving what they need?
- Are there activities within the process that are non-value added (e.g. not necessary, redundant, outdated, etc)?
- How is the process measured to ensure that the customer is receiving what they need?