Pavement Management Program Questionnaire
Word Version (28 kb) | PDF Version (11 kb)
- Where in the State Highway Agency (SHA) is the Pavement Management System (PMS) Unit located?
- What is the primary role of the PMS in the State highway program?
- How many full time SHA employees are assign to the PMS Unit?
- Which SHA Offices provided information or support to the PMS Unit?
- How is the PMS use by the SHA individual Offices (Central Office and Field Offices)?
- Who are the PMS main costumers outside the SHA?
- How is the PMS used to evaluate either the accuracy, quality, or the cost effectiveness of?
- pavement designs
- rehabilitation treatments
- construction specifications and procedures
- preventive maintenance
- reactive maintenance
- cost-effectiveness of pavement preservation treatments and strategies.
- Explain the process use to select pavement preservation treatments at the project level and develop preservation strategies at the network level.
- List the products presently produced by the PMS Unit.
- Are their any new PMS features under development or under contract?
- Do you have a feedback or update process in your PMS? If yes, please explain the feedback process.
- What type of pavement maintenance strategies are evaluated by your PMS? i.e., preventive, reactive corrective
- List the maintenance treatments use by your State.
- How are the maintenance treatments evaluated by the performance analysis(surface treatments, slurry seals, spall repairs, etc.)?
- What variables are used to perform the analysis?
- Which are the typical results do you obtain with the pavement maintenance performance analysis?
- Is the identification and selection of maintenance treatments done in conjunction with the PMS analysis? Is it done using the PMS software? If not, please explain how it is done.
- How your agency conducts an evaluation of the performance of maintenance treatments?
- List the pavement preservation strategies and treatments used by your State Maintenance Office.
- List the pavement preservation strategies and treatments included in the PMS.
- Describe the method used to evaluate the performance of pavement preservation strategies and treatments.
- Describe the method, if any, used to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of pavement preservation strategies and treatments.
- What type of pavements are evaluated by the PMS?
- Surface Treatments
- Others(Please list)
- What type of materials are evaluated by your PMS(AC, Aggregates, Soils, PCC, etc.)? How are the materials evaluated by the PMS?
- Is the PMS able to document the different layers in the pavement structure on any given section of highway network?
- What typical results do you obtain with the materials performance analysis?
- What type of pavement construction practices are evaluated using the PMS? How is this done?
- aggregates and binders
- mix requirements, (ac content, air voids, density, compression strength)
- density (sub-grade, base, HMA)
- What type of construction data is maintained in the PMS database?
- How does the SHA use the construction data in the PMS?
- How are analysis results used to improve the quality of construction?