Process Review and Evaluation
Utility Accommodation Procedures
Word Version (23 kb) | PDF Version (9 kb)
|Date of Inspection:|| |
|FHWA Inspection Team:|| |
|State DOT's Participants:|| |
- State DOT Policy For Accommodating Utilities on the Primary Road System - January 1990.
- State DOT Policy for Accommodating Utilities on County FAS or City FAUS Routes as Part of a Federal-aid Project, 1987.
- Construction Manual, Chapter 12.
- State DOT PPM Policy 500.06.
- State DOT Road Design Aids Manual Item 260.
- STATE CENTRAL OFFICE
- R-O-W/Utility Dept.
- Process for identifying utilities
- By whom
- Action required
- Agreement status on Federal-aid project cert.
- clarification of terminology
- Review of utilities plans
- Involvement in utilities
- Criteria for location and detail on highway construction plans
- Coordination with FHWA
- By whom
- Under what circumstances
- Verification for compliance with Utility Accommodation Policy
- RESIDENT CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER'S (RCE) OFFICE
- Type of work
- Status of work
- Utilities to be coordinated with Construction
- Records by RCE
- Field Book
- Delays to contractor due to utilities
- Extra work orders due to utilities existing but not shown on plans
- How clearly and accurately are utilities shown?
- Knowledge of Utility Accommodation Policy