2006 Award Winners
From urban roadways that celebrate the communities around them to stunning modern structures, the Federal Highway Administration's (FHWA) Excellence in Highway Design Awards Program recognizes the best in today's roadway design. The 2006 award winners improve safety, project management, and mobility while creatively enhancing their surrounding environment.
The 2006 awards were presented for Excellence, Merit and Honorable Mention in the following 11 categories:
- Category 1-The Urban Highway
- Category 2-The Rural Highway
- Category 3A-Major Highway Structures (Over $15 Million)
- Category 3B-Major Highway Structures (Under $15 Million)
- Category 4-Environmental Protection and Enhancement
- Category 5-Historic Preservation
- Category 6-Highway Related Projects
- Category 7-Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Category 8-Intermodal Transportation Facilities
- Category 9-Highway Improvements on Publicly Owned Land
- Category 10-Project Development Process
- Category 11-Project Management
For additional information specific to each award, please contact directly the point of contact identified for each award. Please contact the FHWA Division Office in each state to for information concerning the presentation of these awards to each award recipient. These individual awards were presented to recipients at venues and dates that were determined by the State DOT and our Division Offices.