U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Interstate Technical Group on Abandoned Underground Mines
Photos from ITGAUM 2004
July 28 - 30
2003 Heritage Hall - Lexington, Kentucky
- Technology Opportunities for Coal Mining - Richard Sweigard, Chairman, Department of Mining Engineering, University of Kentucky
- DOE's Program on the Mining Industry of the Future - Roy Tiley, Research Analyst BCS. Inc.
- OSM Perspective - John Craynon, Chief, Division of Technical Support, Office of Surface Mining
- MSHA Perspective - Kelvin Wu, Chief, Mine Waste and Geotechnical Engineering Division, MSHA
- Overview of Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon - William L. "Red" Whittaker, Director, Field Robotics Center, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
- Overview of Geophysical Methods - Don Steeples, Professor of Geology, University of Kansas
- Selection of Geophysical Methods - Neil Anderson, Professor of Geology, University of Missouri-Rolla
- Quality Control - Gary Olhoeft, Professor of Geophisics, Colorado School of Mines
- Practical Experiences - Hans E. Naumann, Jr., P.E., Marshall Miller & Associates, Inc.
- Surface Seismic Methods - Lawrence Gochioco, GX Technology Corporation
- Electrical Resistivity - William Johnson, D'Appolonia Engineering
- Ground Penetrating Radar - Bill Monoghan, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- Tomographic Methods - Roland Gritto, Earth Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Electromagnetic Methods and Radio Imaging Methods for Detecting Coal Mine Voids - Larry Stolarczyk, President & Chief Technology Officer, Stolar Horizon Research Corporation and Syd Peng, Chairman, Dept. of Mining Engineering, West Virginia University
- Airborne Electromagnetic Surveys - Richard Hammack, NETL
- Microgravity - Richard Benson, President, Technos, Inc.
- Directional Drilling - John Wood, Vice-President, Marketing, Target Drilling, Inc.
- Quecreek Surface Seismic - James Acker, SEISPROS
- Commission Forum Summary - Dwain K. Butler, Senior Science Advisor U.S. Army Engineer Research & Development Center
- What's the Next Step - Greg Conrad, Interstate Mining Compact Commission