FHWA and EPA National Near-Road Study Las Vegas
1. Sierra Club vs. USDOT. IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF NEVADA, SIERRA CLUB v. UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION; Secretary of Transportation NORMAN MINETA; FEDERAL HIGHWAY ADMINISTRATION (FHWA); Administrator of the FHWA MARY PETERS, Division Administrator of FHWA Nevada Division SUSAN KLEKAR,. CV-S-02-0578-PMP-RJJ San Francisco.2005.
2. U.S. FHWA. Detailed monitoring protocol for U.S. 95 settlement agreement. Washington, DC.2006.
3. Kimbrough, S., D. Vallero, et al. "Multi-criteria decision analysis for the selection of a near road ambient air monitoring site for the measurement of mobile source air toxics." Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, 2008, 13(8): 505-515.
4. Venkatram, A., V. Isakov, et al. "Modeling the impacts of traffic emissions on air toxics concentrations near roadways." Atmospheric Environment, 2009, 43(20): 3191-3199.
5. Reponen, T., S. A. Grinshpun, et al. "Concentration gradient patterns of aerosol particles near interstate highways in the Greater Cincinnati airshed." J Environ Monit, 2003, 5(4): 557-62.
6. Zhu, Y., W. C. Hinds, et al. "Concentration and Size Distribution of Ultrafine Particles Near a Major Highway." Journal of Air and Waste Management Association, 2002, 52(9): 1032-1042.
7. Baldauf, R., E. Thoma, et al. "Traffic and meteorological impacts on near-road air quality: Summary of methods and trends from the Raleigh near-road study." Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 2008, 58(7): 865-878.
8. Zhou, Y. and J. Levy. "Factors influencing the spatial extent of mobile source air pollution impacts: a meta-analysis." BMC Public Health, 2007, 7(1): 89.
9. Zhu, Y., W. Hinds, et al. "Seasonal trends of concentration and size distribution of ultrafine particles near major highways in Los Angeles." Aerosol Science and Technology, 2004, 38: 5-13.
10. Zhu, Y. F., T. Kuhn, et al. "Comparison of daytime and nighttime concentration profiles and size distributions of ultrafine particles near a major highway." Environmental Science & Technology, 2006, 40(8): 2531-2536.
11. Ntziachristos, L., Z. Ning, et al. "Particle concentration and characteristics near a major freeway with heavy-duty diesel traffic." Environmental Science & Technology, 2007, 41(7): 2223-2230.
12. Riediker, M., R. Williams, et al. "Exposure to particulate matter, volatile organic compounds, and other air pollutants inside patrol cars." Environmental Science & Technology, 2003, 37(10): 2084-2093.
13. Black, K., V. Martinez, et al. "Study Design to Evaluate Mobile Source Air Toxics Compounds in the Near-Roadway Environment." Environmental Manager, 2009.
14. Gamper, C. D. and C. Turcanu. "On the governmental use of multi-criteria analysis." Ecological Economics, 2007, 62(2): 298-307.
15. Xenarios, S. and I. Tziritis. "Improving pluralism in Multi Criteria Decision Aid approach through Focus Group technique and Content Analysis." Ecological Economics, 2007, 62(3-4): 692-703.
16. Malczewski, J. GIS and Multicriteria Decision Analysis. 1999, New York, J. Wiley & Sons.
17. Sumathi, V. R., U. Natesan, et al. "GIS-based approach for optimized siting of municipal solid waste landfill." Waste Management, 2008, 28(11): 2146-2160.
18. ESRI. Understanding GIS: The Arc/Info Method. 1995, Redlands.
19. Linkov, I. and A. B. Ramadan (2004). Comparative Risk Assessment and Environmental Decision Making. NATO Advanced Research Workshop, Rome (Anzio), Italy, Springer.
20. ESRI. ArcGIS. Redlands, Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc.2006.
21. French, S. and J. Geldermann. "The varied contexts of environmental decision problems and their implications for decision support." Environmental Science & Policy, 2005, 8(4): 378-391.
22. Clark County DAQEM. Annual Network Plan Report. Las Vegas, Clark County Department of Air Quality & Environmental Management.2007.
23. Ecotech. WinAQMS air quality monitoring software: user manual. Victoria, Australia.2007.
24. Ecotech. WinCollect Data Evaluation and Reporting Software. Victoria, Australia.20007.
25. U.S. EPA. "2010 Ambient Air Monitoring Schedule." 2010, from http://www.epa.gov/ttn/amtic/files/ambient/pm25/CALENDAR_2010.pdf, 2010.
26. Virkkula, A., T. Makela, et al. "A simple procedure for correcting loading effects of Aethalometer." Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 2007, 57: 1214-1222.
27. Dutkiewicz, V. A., S. Alvi, et al. "Black carbon aerosols in urban air in South Asia." Atmospheric Environment, 2009, 43(10): 1737-1744.