Transportation Conformity Reference Guide
- EPA Memorandum, Transportation Conformity: Regional Analysis of PM-10 Emissions from Highway and Transit Project Construction, October 26, 1996 (PDF - 2.7 MB)
FHWA/FTA Memoranda on Transportation Conformity Issues (PDF - 15.3 MB)
- Exemption Criteria During Sanctions, Mar. 11, 1996
- Conformity and Planning Issues Related to the IVHS Program, May 14, 1993
- Analyzing Exempt Projects in the Conformity Process, Feb. 3, 1995
- Timely Implementation of Transportation Control Measures, Feb. 20, 1998
- Planning Horizons for Metropolitan Plans, April 12 2005
- Travel Model Guidance for Air Quality Analysis, Dec. 21, 1995
Appendix H: (PDF - 2.5 MB)
- Documentation in the Conformity Process, FHWA- Andy Edwards
- Transportation Conformity Checklist, Texas Natural Resources Conservation Commission
- Demonstration Requirements for Conformity of Metropolitan Plans, FHWA-Andy Edwards, Oct. 1999
- Demonstration Requirements for Conformity of Metropolitan TIPs, FHWA-Andy Edwards, Oct. 1999
Appendix I: (PDF - 5.9 MB)
- Limited Maintenance Plan Option for Nonclassifiable CO Nonattainment Areas, EPA, Oct. 6, 1995 and Limited Maintenance Plan Option for Nonclassifiable Ozone Nonattainment Areas, EPA, Nov.16, 1994
- Limited Maintenance Plan Option for Moderate PM10 Nonattainment Areas, EPA, August 21, 2001
- Conformity Guidance on Implementation of Mar. 2, 1999 Conformity Court Decision, EPA, May 14, 1999 (www.epa.gov/ttncaaa1/t2/meta/m10173.html)
- Additional Supplemental Guidance for the Implementation of the Circuit Court Decision Affecting Transportation Conformity, FHWA/FTA, June 18, 1999
- Revised FTA Procedures for a Conformity Lapse, FTA, April 9, 2003
- Conformity SIP Guidance, November 2004. A PDF copy of this guidance can be downloaded from the EPA website.
- Companion Guidance for the July 1, 2004, Final Transportation Conformity Rule: Conformity Implementation in Multi-jurisdictional Nonattainment and Maintenance Areas for Existing and New Air Quality Standards, July 2004. A PDF copy of this guidance can be downloaded from the EPA website.
- Guidance for Determining the "Attainment Year" for Transportation Conformity in New 8-Hour Ozone and PM2.5 Nonattainment Areas, March 2005. A PDF copy of this guidance can be downloaded from the EPA website.
- Guidance for Creating Annual On-Road Mobile Source Emissions Inventories for PM2.5 Nonattainment Areas for Use in SIPs and Conformity, EPA, August 2005. A PDF copy of this guidance can be downloaded from the EPA website.