Traffic Noise Model
FHWA TNM Version 2.1
The FHWA TNM Version 2.1 includes over 20 enhancements to the FHWA TNM Graphical User Interface (GUI). Some enhancements include:
- Hide Rows function now fully operational.
- Directional arrow keys now fully active for panning views in Barrier Design.
- Clicking on a background window will bring it to the foreground.
- When importing Stamina files, FHWA TNM now fully supports shielding factors.
- Dollar amounts in costs are now rounded to the nearest whole dollar.
- Barrier Design Table enhanced.
- Calculations for L_dn and L_den modified to incorporate accurate time-duration percentages.
- Changing object names (receiver, roadway, roadway segment, barrier, barrier segment, important barrier, important barrier segment, tree zones, building rows, ground zones, contour zones) and receiver comments do not invalidate results. Object inputs all dynamically linked to their respective tables.
- Adjustment Factors function redesigned.
- Status bar enlarged and redesigned.
- Barrier Input Table column widths resized to allow all fields to be displayed without horizontal scrolling.
The following documents are associated with the FHWA TNM Version 2.1:
- FHWA Traffic Noise Model Version 2.1 (1.4MB - requires Version 2.0 installed).
- FHWA Traffic Noise Model Version 2.0 (required for 2.1 - 5.7MB)
- FHWA Traffic Noise Model Version 2.1 (includes installation instructions) (PDF 26Kb) or HTML Release Notes.