2003 State Trail Administrators Meeting - Joel Lynch Presentation
Some Cursory Observations
- Augmenting traditional planning approaches
- Defining/refining visions and role of recreation
- Detailing the challenges and connections
Beyond the broadening context of recreation, SCORP plans have also made strides in a number of fronts. For example,
- Augmenting planing approaches
- recreation planning is occurring within the broader context of open space planning and conservation in general
- its being linked with other statewide planning initiatives, such as smart growth
- and finally recreation planning is being incorporated and becoming a key priority within the State.
- Visions and roles
- SCORPs are being used to define a State's vision and meaning of recreation and many of these are emphasizing the range of benefits, particularly the health aspects.
- More emphasis is being given to the trends and challenges that face the development and management of recreation and conservation