2004 State Trail Administrators Meeting - FHWA Presentation
- Contact your State RTP or TE Administrator: see www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/recreational_trails/rtpstate.cfm or www.enhancements.org.
- Develop a workable, realistic project.
- Get public support.
- Develop funding sources and donations.
- Consider youth corps involvement.
- Develop a good design: consider the trail setting, community benefits, user needs, accessibility.
- Consider potential problems:
- Environmental impacts: wetlands, endangered species, archaeological impacts, etc.
- Public opposition: liability, property rights, safety, environmental impact.
- Complete the project application completely.
- If approved, get to work!
- Submit an invoice if you want to get paid!