Additional Guidance on 23 CFR 140.910(a)
Formerly Federal-aid Policy Guide Non-Regulatory Supplement NS 23 CFR, Part 646 B,
July 21, 1995, Transmittal 13
See Order 1321.1C FHWA Directives Management
- Railroad Equipment Rental Rates (23 CFR 140.910(a))
- Reimbursement to a State for the cost of company-owned equipment used on Federal-aid highway projects may be based on industry rates if agreed to by the railroad, State, and the FHWA. The following industry equipment rate guides may be used:
- "Blue Book for Railroad Equipment" and "Rental Rate Blue Book", developed by Dataquest; and
- the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers manual, "Construction Equipment Ownership and Operating Expense Schedule."
- Use of blue book rates is subject to the same conditions which apply to their use on regular Federal-aid projects.
- Reimbursable rates at the program or project level do not have to come from the same guide. A mixture of rates from different guides is acceptable.
- Materials Certification for Railroad Projects (23 CFR 140.922). For railroad work, under the provisions of 23 CFR 140.922 the State is to furnish with the final billing a certification that the work is complete, acceptable, and in accordance with the terms of the agreement. This certification that accompanies the final billing can fulfill the requirements for a materials certificate covering the railroad work, and no separate certificate as specified in 23 CFR 637.207 will be necessary.