Risk Based Stewardship and Oversight
U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
|Subject:||ACTION: Risk Based Stewardship and Oversight||Date:||March 28, 2014|
|From:||/s/ Original signed by: Butch Wlashchin for
Walter C. Waidelich, Jr.
Associate Administrator for Infrastructure
|Reply to Attn. of:||HIPA-10|
|To:||Directors of Field Services
Attached are the following documents:
- Updated "Stewardship and Oversight Agreement Guidance" (.pdf, 1.1 mb) (Word Version (0.2 mb)),
- Attachment A - Project Action Responsibility Matrix (.xlsx, 0.02 mb)
- Attachment B - Program Responsibility Matrix (.xlsx, 0.04 mb)
- "Projects of Division Interest (PoDI)/Projects of Corporate Interest (PoCI) Guidance" (.pdf, 0.6 mb),
- "Compliance Assessment Program (CAP) Guidance" (.pdf, 0.6 mb) and
- "FHWA Risk-based Approach to Stewardship and Oversight (S&O) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)" (.pdf, 0.6 mb).
These documents supersede the December 19, 2013 "Stewardship and Oversight Agreement Implementation Guidance" memorandum and previous guidance related to PoDIs, PoCIs, and CAP.
These documents will be accessible at the Stewardship and Oversight website at http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/federalaid/stewardship/.
Please note that the CAP guidance discusses the use of technical guides. These guides are being updated to include an improved finance guide that will align with the revised FIRE improper payment/billing requirements. They will be re-issued in time for use in PY 2015.
If you have further questions or need immediate assistance regarding the attached guidance documents, please contact Sheila Masters at 202-366-1557 or via e-mail.