Before You Begin
- Review this document and the Interim Policy thoroughly.
- Talk with your State or Indian tribe byway coordinator to:
- Determine whether your proposed project is eligible for funding consideration, and if your organization has the capacity to implement your proposed project using National Scenic Byways Program funds.
- Verify the requirements in your State or within your Tribal government to administer selected projects and receive reimbursements. National Scenic Byways Program funds are provided on a reimbursement basis.
- Confirm application deadlines.
A list of State and Indian tribe byway coordinators and FHWA division office byway contacts can be found online at http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/hep/scenic_byways//contacts/states.cfm.