If the answer is yes to all of the following questions, then consider a performance contract. If the answer is no to any of the questions, then consider a traditional contract.
- Does the Owner Agency support the concept?
- Does the contractor community support the concept?
- Is the project goal oriented and are those goals under the influence of the contractor?
- Is the Owner Agency able to use incentives and disincentives?
- Does the contractor have flexibility in how they perform the work?
- Does the Owner Agency have adequate resources for contract development?
- Does the Owner Agency have adequate resources for performance measurement?
- Can the Owner Agency use Best Value or enhanced low-bid award processes?
- Is there sufficient time for contract development and workforce education?