U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Asphalt Binder Cracking Device to Reduce Low-Temperature Asphalt Pavement Cracking
- S. Kim. 2007. "Development of an Asphalt Binder Cracking Device," Final Report for NCHRP Highway IDEA Project 99, Transportation Research Board. http://onlinepubs.trb.org/onlinepubs/archive/studies/idea/finalreports/highway/NCHRP99Final_Report.pdf
- S. Kim, Z. Wysong, and J. Kovach. 2006. "Low-Temperature Thermal Cracking of Asphalt Binder by Asphalt Binder Cracking Device,"Transportation Research Record 1962, pp. 28-35.
- S. Kim. 2005. "Direct Measurement of Asphalt Binder Thermal Cracking," ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, vol. 17(6), pp. 632-639.
- M. G. Bouldin, R. Dongre, G. M. Rowe, M. J. Sharrock, and D. A. Anderson. 2000. "Predicting Thermal Cracking of Pavements From Binder Properties: Theoretical Basis and Field Validation,"Journal of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists, 69,
- S. Kim. 2009. "Asphalt Binder Cracking Device to Reduce Low Temperature Asphalt Pavement Cracking," Final Report Phase I, Highways for LIFE Technology Partnership Program, Award No.: DTFH61-08-G-00005. http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/hfl/partnerships/asphalt/phase1/index.cfm
- H. Kanerva, T. Vinson, and H. Zeng. 1994. "Low-Temperature Cracking: Field Validation of the Thermal Stress Restrained Specimen Test," SHRP-A-401 Strategic Highway Research Program.
- P. Yee, B. Aida, S. A. M. Hesp, P. Marks, and K. Tam. 2006. "Analysis of Premature Low-Temperature Cracking in Three Ontario, Canada, Pavements," Transportation Research Record 1962, pp. 44-51.
- D. A. Anderson and M. Marasteanu. (1999). "Physical Hardening of Asphalt Binders Relative to Their Glass Transition Temperatures,"Transportation Research Record 1661, pp. 27-34.
Page last modified on July 5, 2016