U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
In The News
- U.S. Transportation Secretary Foxx Announces $1.5 Million in 'Quick Release' Emergency Relief Funds to Repair I-15 North of Las Vegas, 9/16/2014
"The first step is to repair a section of this major interstate now in ruin, making it necessary for travelers to go through lengthy detours," said Secretary Foxx. "We are providing funding today knowing that additional federal assistance will be needed to repair all the damage."
- U.S. Transportation Secretary Foxx Announces $500,000 in 'Quick Release' Emergency Relief Funds for Idaho, 9/9/2014
"We will do everything we can to restore full access to this community," said Secretary Foxx.
- U.S. Transportation Secretary Foxx Announces $950 Million TIFIA Loan to Rebuild and Widen Key Segment of Florida's I-4, 9/9/2014
"We've been able to move this project from the financing drawing board to breaking ground in near record time because of the Department's early involvement," said Secretary Foxx.
- U.S. Transportation Secretary Foxx Announces $750,000 in 'Quick Release' Emergency Relief Funds for Washington State, 8/29/2014
The funds will help the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) cover the costs of repairing roads damaged by flash flooding in Twisp, Wash., in Okanogan County.
Transforming the way we build, maintain, and manage our nation's highways.
- Traffic Volume Trends
Monthly report based on hourly traffic count data.
What We Do
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) provides stewardship over the construction, maintenance and preservation of the Nation’s highways, bridges and tunnels. FHWA also conducts research and provides technical assistance to state and local agencies in an effort to improve safety, mobility, and livability, and to encourage innovation. read more
Careers At FHWA
Ranked in Top 10 of “Best Places to Work in Federal Government” in 2013
Choosing a profession with the FHWA provides an opportunity for you to effect change in technologies that span the world and impact the way we live and interact. Embark on a career that makes a difference.
Planning A Trip?
- National Traffic & Road Closure Information
A collection of links from public agencies and other entities that offer information about current traffic conditions across the nation. The links are organized by State and include information on road closures due to weather or road construction, and traffic conditions.
- America’s Byways®
The umbrella term we use for marketing the collection of 150 distinct and diverse roads designated by the U.S. Secretary of Transportation. America's Byways include the National Scenic Byways and All-American Roads.
Page last modified on September 9, 2014.