Stewardship/Oversight Task Force - Power Point Presentation
PowerPoint Version (0.2 mb)
Is FHWA's Oversight responsibility foggy?
Is Oversight relationship to strategic plan clear?
ISTEA and TEA 21
Authorized FHWA to delegate specific project approval authorities to STA
Did not alter FHWA program responsibility on all programs to Congress and public
FHWA's Strategic Plan significantly impacts what I do
2000 All Employee Survey
Task Force Objectives
Re-visit and re-frame national guidance on stewardship and oversight
Prepare draft paper and other products
Task Force Recommendations
- Issue new policy
- Stronger link for stewardship in national strategic plan and performance plans
- Improve info systems to consolidate regs, policy, guidance for "one stop shopping"
- Update policies, training materials to include new policy
Policy Paper Definitions
Policy Paper FHWA/STA Roles
- FHWA program stewardship & oversight responsibilities - all programs
- STA can assume project approval authorities
- STA to manage delegated authority - included STA oversight of LPA projects
- FHWA/STA joint assessment of FHWA programs, delegated authorities
- FHWA to conduct outreach to ensure understanding of policy
- FHWA and Unit performance plans include stewardship and oversight strategies
- FHWA/STA joint assessment of implementation of FHWA programs
- FHWA sets stewardship and oversight strategy based on assessment
- Program reviews, PR/PE and CPI initiatives prominent in Stewardship and oversight.
- Incorporate non-NHS projects in PR/PE, CPI and program reviews.
- FHWA pursue stronger connection between Stewardship in new FHWA Business Plan
- FHWA pursue better tools
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS