Guidance & Applications
TIFIA Program Guide (February 2014)
This Program Guide, written for prospective TIFIA applicants, describes how the Department of Transportation administers the TIFIA program.
The USDOT has updated the Program Guide to reflect the changes made under the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21).
The TIFIA Program Guide includes the following sections:
- Contacting the TIFIA Credit Program (PDF HTML) provides general contact information.
- Chapter 1 (PDF HTML) introduces the program's objectives and provides an overview of how the program operates.
- Chapter 2 (PDF HTML) details the required terms for individual credit instruments and describes how these instruments are funded.
- Chapter 3 (PDF HTML) describes the eligibility requirements concerning types of projects, activities, cost limits, and applicants.
- Chapter 4 (PDF HTML) describes the process by which applicants may apply for TIFIA assistance.
- Chapter 5 (PDF HTML) describes the evaluation and selection process that the USDOT uses to determine who receives credit assistance.
- Chapter 6 (PDF HTML) discusses the contractual documents and the ongoing monitoring requirements.
- Chapter 7 (PDF HTML) discusses special issues related to loan guarantees.
- Appendix A (PDF HTML) includes a list of acronyms.