U.S. Department of Transportation
FEDERAL-AID POLICY GUIDE - CHANGE
Federal Highway Administration
Federal-Aid Policy Guide
October 14, 1997
- PURPOSE. To transmit new and revised pages to the Federal-Aid Policy Guide (FAPG).
- COMMENTS. The FAPG is being updated to include the following items.
- Federal-aid regulations previously published in the Federal Register.
(1) Revised Sections: (a) 23 CFR 625, Design
Standards for Highways, (b) 23 CFR 630, Preconstruction
Procedures, (c) 23 CFR 635, Construction and Maintenance,
(d) 23 CFR 657, Certification of Size and Weight
Enforcement, (e) 23 CFR 658, Truck Size and Weight
Route Designations-Length, Width, and Weight Limitations, and (f) 23
CFR 771, Environmental Impact and Related Procedures.
(2) New Section: 23 CFR 627, Value Engineering.
- Supplemental section NS 23 CFR 630C has been revised.
- Revised pages to the Table of Contents are also included with this transmittal.
- REGULATORY MATERIAL. The regulatory material contained in this directive
has been published in the Federal Register and will be codified in Title
23, Code of Federal Regulations.
- ELECTRONIC AVAILABILITY. The FAPG is posted on the Federal Highway
Administration's Internet home page (http:\\www.fhwa.dot.gov) in both WordPerfect
(for downloading) and hypertext markup language ((HTML) for online viewing).
It may be found under the heading "Legislation and Regulations" and
subheading "Electronic Directives".
- CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION. Questions concerning this transmittal
may be directed to Earl D. Coles, Office of Information and Management Services(telephone
number: (202) 366-9084; GroupWise e-mail address: EColes; Internet e-mail address:
Earl.Coles@fhwa.dot.gov) or Carlita Young (telephone number:(202) 366-9095;
GroupWise e-mail address: CYoung; Internet e-mail address: Carlita.Young@fhwa.dot.gov).
George S. Moore, Jr.
Home | Directives
| FAPG Transmittal Covers | 23
CFR TOC | 49 CFR TOC | Feedback
United States Department of Transportation - Federal Highway