U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
|ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF FEDERAL-AID HIGHWAY FUNDS TO BE APPORTIONED ON
OCTOBER 1, 1993|
||June 30, 1993
- PURPOSE. To notify States, as required by 23 U.S.C. 104(e), of the
amounts of funds to be apportioned under 23 U.S.C. 104 effective October 1,
1993. Also, to provide anticipated apportionments for the Highway Bridge Replacement
and Rehabilitation Program (HBRRP) under 23 U.S.C. 144.
- Pursuant to the provisions of 23 U.S.C. 104(b)(5)(A), the factor used
to compute the anticipated apportionment of FY 1995 Interstate Construction
(IC) funds reflects adjustments through June 7, 1993. As required, further
adjustments will be made before the October 1, 1993, apportionment.
- It should be noted that the anticipated apportionment amounts are subject
to change prior to the issuance of the certificate of apportionment and that
penalties under 23 U.S.C., where applicable, will be assessed when the certificate
of apportionment is signed. Currently the following States are subject to
a potential withholding of apportionment and/or reservation of funds on October
1, 1993, as indicated:
(1) Vehicle Weight Limitation - 23 U.S.C. 127 Funds subject to
withholding: National Highway System (NHS)Louisiana
(2) National Minimum Drinking Age - 23 U.S.C. 158 Funds subject
to withholding: NHS, IC, Interstate Maintenance (IM), Surface Transportation Program (STP)Puerto Rico
(3) Revocation or suspension of drivers' licenses of individuals convicted of drug offenses 23 U.S.C. 159
|Funds subject to withholding: IC, IM, NHS, STP
|District of Columbia
- Anticipated amounts available to be transferred into STP from Apportionment
Adjustment funds (Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA)
of 1991, Section 1015) are not included in this Notice because the factors
cannot be computed prior to September 30, 1993.
- Section 1054 of the ISTEA permits States to use Temporary Matching Fund
Waiver provisions through September 30, 1993. Repayment of the amounts waived
may be made by direct repayment or by reduction of apportionments. The direct
repayments must be received prior to March 30, 1994. If the State chooses
a reduction of apportionments, the FY 1995 and 1996 apportionments will be
affected. Those States using the Temporary Matching Fund Waiver provisions
need to advise HFS-30 by September 1, 1993, of their anticipated repayment method.
- ADVANCE NOTIFICATION. The attachment [SEE PRINTED COPY OF NOTICE
FOR ATTACHMENT] to this Notice shows the anticipated apportionments to be
effective on October 1, 1993, of IC authorized for FY 1995 and IM, HBRRP, STP,
NHS, Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program and Metropolitan
Planning funds authorized for FY 1994.
- ACTION. Division Administrators should assure that copies of this Notice are furnished to State highway agencies.
Rodney E. Slater