U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
|DISTRIBUTION OF CERTAIN AUTHORIZED FUNDS FOR FISCAL YEAR (FY) 2003 PURSUANT TO SECTION 1102(f) OF PUBLIC LAW 105-178|
||Office of Primary Interest
||March 21, 2003
- What is the purpose of this Notice? This Notice transmits the distribution
of certain authorized funds pursuant to Section 1102(f) of the Transportation
Equity Act for the 21st Century (TEA-21), Public Law 105-178, and
Division I, section 310(e) of the Consolidated Resolution Appropriations Act,
2003, which includes the Department of Transportation and Related Agencies
Appropriations Act, 2003. The distribution of these funds is shown on the
- What is the background information? Funds that are authorized to
be appropriated for FY 2003 for Federal-aid Highway programs that will not be
allocated to the States, and will not be available for obligation in FY 2003
due to the imposition of any obligation limitation for such fiscal year, shall
be distributed to the States. Such funds shall be distributed to the States in
the same ratio as the distribution of obligation authority under Section
1102(c)(6) of TEA-21.
- What is the availability of these funds?
- These funds are available for obligation until September 30, 2006. Any
amounts not obligated by the State on or before that date shall lapse.
- The funds resulting from this distribution are subject to obligation
controls in force at the time of obligation. No new obligation authority is
distributed with these funds.
- The participating rate for these funds is 80 percent, or 90 percent
if used on the Interstate System (except for adding lanes that are not
high-occupancy lanes or auxiliary lanes), with sliding-scale rates not to
exceed 95 percent.
The funds shall be available for any purpose described in Section 133(b) of
title 23, United States Code. The appropriation code is Q03.
- What action is required? Division Administrators should
ensure that copies of this Notice are provided to State departments of
Page last modified on March 4, 2015