U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
|AMENDED FEDERAL-AID HIGHWAY PROGRAM OBLIGATIONS FISCAL YEAR (FY) 2003|
||Office of Primary Interest
||May 7, 2003
- What is the purpose of this Notice? This Notice is to advise of the amended limitation on Federal-aid highway program obligations for FY 2003 and the distribution among the States.
- Does this Notice amend FHWA Notice 4520.168? Yes, this Notice amends FHWA Notice 4520.168, Federal-Aid Highway Program Obligations Fiscal Year (FY) 2003, dated March 21st. The language contained in Notice 4520.168 shall remain the same.
- What are the legislative provisions?
- The FY 2003 Wartime Supplemental Appropriations Act, Public Law (P.L.) 108-11 amends the Department of Transportation and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2003, by increasing the amount provided from the FHWA's Administrative Takedown for Surface Transportation Projects from $269,700,000 to $299,745,000, which affects the amount of obligation limitation available for distribution to the States. This amount is subject to the .65 percent across-the-board rescission pursuant to Division N, section 601 of the Consolidated Appropriations Resolution Act, 2003, P.L. 108-7.
- Table 1 shows the amended amounts of formula obligation limitation and Table 2 shows the amended amounts of obligation limitation transferred to Section 402 Highway Safety Programs distributed to each State for FY 2003.
- What action is required? Division Administrators should ensure that copies of this Notice are provided to State departments of transportation.
Mary E. Peters