EXPIRATION DATE: OCTOBER 1, 2004
- What is the purpose of this Notice? This Notice is to advise of the redistribution of FY 2004 obligation authority to the States as provided under Section 110(c) of Division F of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2004, Public Law 108-199, the Transportation, Treasury, and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act, 2004.
- How much obligation authority was returned? A total of $973 million of obligation authority is available for redistribution for FY 2004.
- How much obligation authority was requested? The States requested a total of $10.4 billion in additional obligation authority for FY 2004.
- How is the returned obligation authority redistributed? The attached table shows the redistribution of returned obligation authority to the States. The amounts are to be redistributed in accordance with the requirements of Section 110(c) of Division F of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2004, Public Law 108-199, the Transportation, Treasury, and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act, 2004, so that priority will be given to those States having large unobligated balances of funds apportioned under Sections 104, 144 and 160 of title 23, U.S.C., and under Section 1015 of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Extension Act of 1991.
- What action is required? Division Administrators should ensure that this
additional obligation authority is obligated no later than September 24, 2004, per provisions of the Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2004, Part IV, P.L. 108-280, as enacted on July 30, 2004. Should future enacted legislation permit obligations after that date, Division Administrators will be so notified.
Mary E. Peters
United States Department of Transportation - Federal Highway Administration