U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
|FHWA Delegations and Organization Manual: Chapter 9|
| M1100.1A, Chg. 14
||June 15, 1998
ERRATA SHEET - June 15, 1998
FHWA ORDER M 1100.1A, FHWA DELEGATIONS AND ORGANIZATION MANUAL, DATED JULY
14, 1995, CONTAINS AN ERROR IN PART II (ORGANIZATION AND FUNCTIONS), CHAPTER
7 (OFFICE OF MOTOR CARRIERS), SECTION 2 (OFFICE OF MOTOR CARRIER PLANNING AND
CUSTOMER LIAISON), SUBSECTION 2A (POLICY, PLANNING, AND CUSTOMER LIAISON DIVISION).
THE DIVISION'S FUNCTIONAL STATEMENT WAS INADVERTENTLY CHANGED DURING THE
LAST REISSUANCE OF THE MANUAL. PLEASE REMOVE THE PAGE CONTAINING THIS SUBSECTION
IN ALL COPIES OF FHWA 1100.1A (BOTH ELECTRONIC AND HARDCOPY) AND REPLACE IT
WITH THE ATTACHED. THE PARAGRAPH AS POSTED ON THE HOME PAGE HAS BEEN RESTORED
TO ITS ORIGINAL VERSION.
SECTION 2a. POLICY, PLANNING, AND CUSTOMER LIAISON DIVISION
- Provides policy, program, and technical direction on a wide variety
of matters concerning commercial motor vehicles. Develops program proposals
into legislative initiatives and monitors congressional actions involving
the motor carrier program.
- Monitors and coordinates congressional reports and mandated studies
on the motor carrier transportation program and other policy studies related
to the motor carrier industry.
- Manages the development of briefing materials, testimony, and questions-and-answers
for use by FHWA and Departmental officials when testifying before Congress
on motor carrier issues.
- Directs a cohesive plan to communicate the goals and achievements of
the Associate Administrator for Motor Carriers to all audiences, including
Congress, the public, the motor carrier industry, other Federal, State
and local agencies, and the media.
- Researches and responds to written and oral inquiries from all sources
regarding the motor carrier program and reviews all outgoing correspondence,
brochures, and publication materials.
- Initiates and coordinates interviews for the press, radio, or television
media with motor carrier officials as well as developing public forums,
hearings, meetings, and informational materials on motor carrier related issues.
- Provides internal advice and guidance for the effective promotion of
programs and for marketing of safety materials and other motor carrier
products to help achieve the agency mission and goals.
Page last modified on March 4, 2015