U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
|FHWA Delegations and Organization Manual|
||Office of Primary Interest
| M 1100.1A, Chg. 1
||September 22, 1995
- PURPOSE. To issue revised pages to the FHWA Delegations and Organization Manual.
- EXPLANATION OF CHANGES. Part II (Organization and Functions), Chapter
4 (Office of Research and Development) is changed as follows:
- Section 1 (Associate Administrator for Research and Development) is changed
to reflect the new title of the Office of Engineering Research and Development
and the removal of the Office of Advanced Research from the list of organizational
elements for which the Associate Administrator provides executive direction.
- Section 2 (Office of Engineering Research and Development) is amended
to reflect: (1) the retitling of the Office of Engineering and Highway Operations
Research and Development, Pavements Division, and Materials Division, as the
Office of Engineering Research and Development, Pavement Performance Division,
and Special Projects and Engineering Division, respectively; (2) abolishment
of the Long Term Pavement Performance Division; 3) establishment of the Exploratory
Research Team; and (4) revised functional statements for several of the organizational elements.
- Section 4 (Office of Safety and Traffic Operations Research and Development)
is amended to reflect: (1) the retitling of the IVHS Research Division, Design
Concepts Division, and Information and Behavioral Systems Division as the
Intelligent Systems and Technology Division, Safety Design Division, and Traffic
and Driver Information Systems Division, respectively; (2) abolishment of
the Traffic Systems, Electronic Systems, and Fleet and Rural Applications
Branches within the retitled Intelligent Systems and Technology Division;
(3) establishment of the Advanced Research Team; and (4) revised functional
statements for several of the organizational elements.
- Section 6 (Office of Advanced Research) is deleted in its entirety to
reflect the abolishment of the Office and the Operations Research and Physical Research Divisions.
Rodney E. Slater
Federal Highway Administrator