U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
|FHWA Delegations and Organization Manual|
||Office of Primary Interest
| M 1100.1A, Chg. 7
||March 29, 1996
- PURPOSE. To issue revised pages to the FHWA Delegations and Organization Manual.
- EXPLANATION OF CHANGES. Within Part II (Organization), the following changes have occurred:
- Chapter 2 (Office of the Administrator), Section 2 (Office of Chief Counsel),
Section 2c (Program Services Division), the division is retitled as the Program
Legal Services Division.
- Chapter 3 ( Office of Policy), Section 3 (Office of Highway Information
Management), Section 3b (Highway Systems Performance Division), all functions
related to the national-level Highway Performance Monitoring System (HPMS)
database are consolidated into the Office of Highway Information Management
by transferring those functions out of the Office of Environment and Planning.
- Chapter 5 (Office of Program Development), Section 3 (Office of Environment
and Planning), Section 3a (Intermodal and Statewide Programs Division), oversight
responsibilities for the HPMS database are deleted out of the Intermodal and
Statewide Programs Division's functional statements.
- Chapter 7 (Office of Motor Carriers), Section 5 (Office of Motor Carrier
Information Analysis), the Licensing and Insurance Division is established
to handle the motor carrier licensing and insurance functions that were transferred
to FHWA by the Interstate Commerce Commission Termination Act of 1995, P.L.
104-88, signed by the President on December 29.
Rodney E. Slater
Federal Highway Administrator
Page last modified on March 4, 2015